- The Milton Historical Society has a number of publications related to the history of Milton and the men and women who made it what it is today.
- If a book is listed as “sold out” you can still see a copy of the book by visiting the Milton Historical Society Archives on Wednesday or Saturday mornings.
Due to the large number of requests for copies of “Sold Out” publications, we are now testing the production of “e-Publications” for those books. The first publication to be produced in digital format (a PDF book) is:
- Milton’s Scotch Block: The People and Their Stories
The story of Halton’s Scottish farmers and their families who settled in the southwest corner of Esquesing Township, circa 1820.
To view a sample of the e-Publication format, you can download the cover and contents of the PDF here: Halton’s Scotch Block Contents
If you wish to obtain a copy of this e-Publication, by way of a small donation to the MHS, you many do so by completing these steps:
- From any page on the site, or from here, click on the Donations Button which will take you to the MHS PayPal page. Where it says PURPOSE, please type in “Donation for Scotch Block e-Publication“. Where it says DONATION AMOUNT, enter the amount of $20.00. You must then either “Log In” to your PayPal account to complete the payment, or select the “Continue” link at the bottom of the page to enter your credit card information. Please make your payment from your e-mail address where you want to receive the e-Publication.
- Once that process is completed, the MHS will receive a notice of payment from PayPal about your donation. That notice will show the e-mail address from where the donation was sent. The MHS will then e-mail you a LINK to our Archive MediaFire site where you can download the publication. MHS will also provide you with a PASSWORD that you will need to open the publication. The password will be specific to the publication that you ordered.
- Once you have downloaded the e-Publication, you must SAVE the book to your computer or a suitable removable media source (i.e. CD, DVD,USB, etc.). Once that step is complete, the archived copy of that specific e-Publication of the book will be removed from the Archive MediaFire site. You must SAVE / RECORD the password required to open the e-Publication, as you will need that any time you wish to read the document on your computer.
- If you have any difficulties with the process to ORDER the e-Publication or to OPEN the document when it is received, you can e-mail the MHS for assistance at email@example.com.
Please note that the e-Publication is protected so that it can not be printed or altered in any form. This is to ensure that the e-Publications do not make their way onto the Internet in an open form, or circulation of printed copies, that bypass the need to make a donation to the MHS. Submission of the donation and acceptance of the document is confirmation that you accept the terms of the sale.