The Milton Historical Society Archives are now officially identified as the Milton Historical Society Cooke/Dills Archives to honour Jim Dills and Alex Cooke.
- Hours of Operation:
NOTE: The Cooke/Dills Archives will be CLOSED until further notice due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Archive Material Available:
- Over 100,000 objects in the archives
- Documents, photographs, post cards, diaries, letters, maps, school yearbooks
- Military records
- P.L. Robertson Collection
- Alex Cooke Collection
- Jim Dills Research Collection
- Canadian Champion Negatives
- Milton Canadian Champion 1862-1969 (microfilm)
- Halton Journal: 1855-1857 (microfilm)
- Archive Fees:
- Hourly archival research by MHS volunteers for Milton resident: $50
- Hourly archival research by MHS volunteers for MHS member: $25
- Hourly archival research by MHS volunteers for professional consultant: $100
- Photographic image reprint: 8 x 10 black and white photograph is $25 (for other sizes / prices please contact us)
Alexander (Alex) Cooke was a lifelong resident of Milton who had great interest in local history and genealogy and a founding member of the Milton Historical Society. He spent many hours researching history on local area families. Alex diligently researched biographies of Milton’s early leaders for more than four years. His research was published by the society in two volumes and provide an important record for the future generations of Milton. Alex was also a consistent volunteer with the Friends of Halton Region Museum and an active member of the Halton/Peel Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society.
James (Jim) Dills