In February 2012 the Milton Historical Society undertook a project to digitize a number of VHS analogue video tapes from the MHS Archives. Further additions were made to the collection in June of 2015.
More files will be added as time permits, so check back later for new videos.
In August 2016 the MHS began to upload videos to the MHS YouTube Channel.
- 1949 Stars of Milton (New! April 2019)
- Milton Historical Society – Virtual Tour
- A Different Time – Milton’s Victoria Park
- Martin’s Mills – The Founding of the Town of Milton
- Restoration of the Waldie Blacksmith Shop, Milton
- Main Street Walk (with Jim Dills, Milton Historical Society)
For embedded versions of these videos (all on one page), please select Embedded Videos.
A video of P. L. Robertson and the Robertson Screw was on The History Channel and was based on the 1998 book by Ken Lamb of the Milton Historical Society “P. L. Inventor of the Robertson Screw”. It would appear that the History Channel objected to the MHS loading the video to Archive.org as it was removed. As such, it was not uploaded to YouTube at this time. However, you can still view it on the Global News website:
- Profile of P. L. Robertson Screws & Drivers (based on the book “P. L. – Inventor of the Robertson Screw by Ken Lamb of the MHS)
The Milton Historical Society also digitizes and uploads audio files, such as those detailed in the MHS Remembers Project.
If you have videos suitable for addition to the MHS Archives, please contact us directly.