Both Beginner and Intermediate Classes are scheduled for the 2018 – book early to get a place! You must register. Beginner Level or previous experience required for Intermediate Level course.
As individual classes are filled, the Blacksmith Coordinator works with the Blacksmiths to see if additional classes can be added. There is no guarantee of new classes, but we encourage you to check back at this page to see if new classes have been added.
There are 2 instructors for each class, either:
- Darwyne Hourie and Larry Maughan, or
- Mike Armstrong and Megan Carter
In order to confirm a spot in the blacksmith class you need to complete the registration form and prepay the course fee online. If for some reason you are unable to use this form or need to pay by other means, please contact Bruce Carlin at email@example.com
Cancellations must be made 5 business days prior to the class date and there is a 3% cancellation fee. If cancellation is less than 5 business days prior to the class date, the cancellation fee will be 50%.
If you are registering a blacksmith course for someone other than your self, the participant(s) will need to read the Shop Safety guidelines and sign the waiver.
- Students will be supplied with: an anvil, hammers, safety glasses
- Students must wear natural fibre clothing (cotton or wool); a hat; leather shoes/boots; gloves. Students should bring their own brown bag lunch.
- ALL students will have to sign a waiver releasing the MHS from liability for any personal injury or damage. Upon signing the waiver and registration form, the MHS assumes that the student has read the Shop Safety Guidelines and agrees to adhere to them.
- If you have any questions, please contact the course organizer, Bruce Carlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
My day at the blacksmith forge in Milton Ontario. Unfortunately none of the video has me hammering anything but I had a blast and learned a lot while I forged a couple of coat hooks. Check them out if your interested.