Do you remember John Leslie (Kelly) McEachern who owned and operated McEachern’s Esso Service on the northeast corner of Bronte Street and Main Street? Kelly was well loved by the people of Milton for his kind heart and sense of humor. He never seemed to mind when his customers paid for purchases and would cash cheques for P.L. Robertson employees who could not make it to the bank so that they would have money to feed their families. During the Great Depression, the service station thrived, and Kelly would use his good fortune to help others in need magyargenerikus.com/. He regularly sent barefooted children home with new shoes, sent baskets of food to needy families, and once arranged airfare home for an English war bride and her children who wished to return to Great Britain. Following Kelly’s death in 1957, his daughter Wilma and her husband Larry Tyrer took over the business until it was sold in 1971. The spot where his service station stood is now operated by Petro Canada.