Today’s #TakeMeBackMilton is a photo of Dr. Stevenson performing his first surgery at the newly opened Milton District Hospital in 1960. Dr. Stevenson started the first hospital in Milton. The hospital closed in late 1959 when the new Milton District Hospital opened on Derry Road. Dr. Stevenson was the first chief of surgical staff at the new hospital. For further information see “Milton Area Biographies” by Alex Cooke.