INTERMEDIATE LEVEL COURSE
Return to the forge for 2 1/2 days to improve your blacksmithing skills. Practise what you learned in the previous course and be introduced to new techniques, including traditional joinery, striking techniques and forge welding. Complete various projects throughout the weekend or make one larger project with various forged elements, working to include the joinery techniques. There will be a collection of books available for study to help with project inspiration.
Class size: 4 Students, 2 Instructors
Location: Waldie Blacksmith Shop, 16 James St, Milton
Times: Friday, 6:00 to 10:00 pm; Saturday and Sunday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Students will be supplied with: an anvil, hammers, safety glasses
- Students must wear natural fibre clothing (cotton or wool); a hat; leather shoes/boots; gloves. Students should bring their own brown bag lunch.
- ALL students will have to sign a waiver releasing the MHS from liability for any personal injury or damage.
- Upon signing the waiver and registration form, the MHS assumes that the student has read the Shop Safety Guidelines and agrees to adhere to them.
- If you have any questions, please contact the course organizer, Bruce Carlin at firstname.lastname@example.org